11 tips for creating an effective landing page
An effective landing page will help you in converting your website visitors into customers and buyers.
You have to optimise your landing pages to attract visitors and to give them the exact information they are looking for.
Following tips will help you in creating effective landing pages that are optimised for improving the conversion rate of your website.
1. Simple and organised result – Keep your landing pages as simple as possible with the most important information placed on the beginning of the page itself.
You must remove the clutter and try to take the attention of the visitors to the relevant information or to the call-to-action button.
Make sure that the visitor is never lost in the deluge of information on a landing page. The colours, images, background must all direct the visitor to the conversion objective.
2. Include a compelling heading – Like the subject line of the emails you receive, it is the heading of a web page that makes you decide whether to read the content or not.
You must write a compelling heading that’s aligned to the objective of your landing page. The heading and the body content of the landing page must exactly be the same to avoid any confusion.
3. Add important information only – As mentioned in the first point, you must not clutter a landing page with irrelevant information.
You must only add important information that will lead the visitors down the sales funnel. There must not be any distractions that take the attention of the visitor away from the objective of the landing page.
4. Write interesting copy – The content of the landing page is your ad copy and hence it must be created with the needs of the individual audiences in mind.
You must create interesting and engaging content and must use your keywords judiciously to make the visitor respond to the objective you have in mind.
You must convey your value proposition in a direct way using crisp and concise language. The visitor must not be in doubt about the benefits she may get in using your product or service.
5. Include a prominent Call-to-Action button –The Call-to-Action (CTA) button that asks visitors to take the action you want them to make must be prominent in your landing page.
The CTA button could be “buy now”, “sign up”, “contact us” or any other action that will satisfy the objective for which the landing page has been created.
The CTA button must be clearly visible and the whole content of the landing page must be placed in such a way as to take the attention of the visitor directly to the button.
It is always a good idea to test the best position for the CTA button with different design styles before finalising its final placement.
6. Don’t ask too many information in forms – In your landing page you might want to add a form to collect information about your visitors.
While doing so make sure that you don’t ask too many information from the visitors, which might deter them from filling the form.
Ask only that many information that is absolutely necessary for you to satisfy the objective of your landing page.
7. Create mobile friendly pages – It is too obvious a fact that you must create a mobile friendly landing page. After Google’s mobile first index update, it has become all the more important to have a website that is good while viewed in a mobile phone.
Responsive design is a must for landing pages as many people might be viewing your landing pages through their mobile phones.
8. Add images and videos – Adding images will add up to the visual appeal of your landing page, but make sure that you don’t stuff up a lot of images that would clutter important content in the page.
Many studies have proved that adding images of actual people in your company, rather than model’s images, will improve the trust factor of the business.
You can also add engaging videos in your landing page to better connect and to educate the visitors about your products and services.
9. Include contact address – Adding your contact address in your landing page will increase the trustworthiness of your business.
Including a Google map of your location can benefit the visitors if you are a local store or a brick and mortar business.
10. Add customer testimonials – Making visitors see that other people like them have found your products and services beneficial is always a good way to build customer confidence.
One of the best ways in which to improve your conversion rate is to share testimonials of your happy customers in your landing page.
11. Add social share buttons – One of the ranking factors of Google is the number of times content has been shared.
You must always add social share buttons in your landing page as it might encourage visitors to share your landing page with their friends.
Digital marketing India team of Calpine Group has been working with clients in different domains in creating effective landing pages.